1 cup of chopped broccoli
2 cups of milk
1 tbsp flour (All Purpose/maida)
1 tbsp butter
1/2 of a small piece of garlic (optional)
1 tbsp chopped white onion
salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop the broccoli, garlic (if using) and onion. Chop really fine so that you can avoid having to puree or blend the soup later.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute till translucent.
- Add the flour and saute till the flour turns a light brown and has a slight nutty aroma.
- Add the broccoli and saute a little.
- Add the milk and stir with a whisk to avoid lumping.
- Heat/boil till desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with a small microwaved floret of broccoli.
- Serve with garlic bread.